Immutable is shaking things up for Gods Unchained as the studio is retiring god powers from each domain, while introducing a completely new one. The studio announced in a blog that they want to change up gameplay for their game on yearly basis, and this is one of their methods.
“This will keep the meta fresh and exciting, and possibly give old cards some new tricks”, lead game designer Thandrie “Seeker” Davis wrote in the blog. Gamers will need to develop new ways to play the game, as these changes could potentially change the entire meta of Gods Unchained.
Each domain has one power removed and replaced with another one. Some other powers have been nerfed or boosted. Here we take a look at the new powers that have been introduced:
- Nature – Flourish is replaced by Selena’s Drive: Gives the two weakest creatures +1/+1 until the start of the next turn.
- Death – Reanimate is gone, replaced by Neferu’s Sacrifice: Adds a random rune to the player’s hand.
- Deception – Memory Charm gets replaced by Orfeo’s Deception: Puts the weakest enemy to sleep until the start of the your next turn.
- Light – Heaven’s Light was too complicated, replaced by Lysander’s Honor: Set an enemy creature’s strength to 2. Start of your next turn its set to its base value.
- Magic – Discovery is being removed, as Pallas’ Genuis enters the game: Draw a card, then obliterate a card in your hand.
- War – Enrage nerfs the war gods, and gets replaced by Valka’s Resolve: Deal 2 damage to a damaged creature.
These new god powers are currently being tested in the Gods Unchained PTR servers. However, Immutable hasn’t provided any date for when these change go public.
Gods Unchained creating sidechain
Immutable is working hard on launching their own sidechain on the Ethereum blockchain. Immutable X will allow players to finally use all features of the trading card game again. Right now Gods Unchained doesn’t allow players to fuse cards, which creates scarcity and adds value. The gas fees on the Ethereum blockchain are simply too high. Immutable wants to have their sidechain solution Immutable X, for the trading card game Gods Unchained, ready before the end of the quarter.
Gods Unchained is often considered one of the biggest games within the blockchain space. Even though Axie Infinity seems to have taken over that leading position. When Immutable X launches, the play-to-earn mechanics for Gods Unchained will shine again, and it will possible to make money playing this trading card game.
What is Gods Unchained?
Gods Unchained is a collectible card game built on the Ethereum blockchain. The blockchain stores all ownership of the cards, giving players full ownership over their own set of cards. Players earn digital cards by playing the game. When they have two identical cards they’ll be able to mint these into one blockchain-based card. We call these cards non-fungible tokens, and the owners can trade, sell, or use them in the game itself.
Future game mechanics will allow users to create limited edition cards from older cards, making existing cards more rare. In addition Gods Unchained can be enjoyed free-to-play, while players are able to earn cards by being active players. True play-to-earn mechanics there!