- DeRace: Best for beginners
- REVV Racing: Best for high earning potential
- ZooRacers: Best for fans of collectibles
- Nitro League: Best for fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping gameplay
- Zed Run: Best for fans of horse racing games
- Pegaxy: Best for fans of fantasy racing games
What are racing play-to-earn games?
What would you get if you combined racing with play-to-earn? You’d get one of the most popular genres of casual games.
A play-to-earn game that’s all about racing is the perfect way to keep your adrenaline pumping, keep your wits sharp, and earn rewards as you speed through traffic on virtual streets around the metaverse.
Here are some of the best play-to-earn racing games out there right now, ranked by their popularity and success with both critics and customers alike.
Best racing play-to-earn games
Best for: Beginners
What is DeRace?
DeRace calls itself a “complete NFT horse racing ecosystem” and claims to be out to redefine the GameFi landscape. DeRace gives you the chance to acquire special horses, breed them, and outfit them in the form of non-fungible tokens. You can even construct your own NFT hippodrome for holding competitions.
Recently, the project launched its IDO on DAO Maker and has quickly grown into one of the most popular projects in the GameFi space.
How does DeRace work?
On a basic level, DeRace enables users to acquire $DERC tokens through involvement in horse races, breeding NFT horses with special qualities, and commercially running races in their own NFT hippodrome. You can bet on races and participate in horse races, and all you need is a DeRace horse NFT.
- Price $0.152
- Market Cap
The native governance token of DeRace ($DERC) is an ERC-20 token that can be traded on the Ethereum blockchain. The token fulfills two roles: it acts as a standalone store of value and as the DeRace native currency.
DeRace cryptocurrency and price
To start playing, you must purchase or breed a DeRace horse NFT. The lowest DeRace Horse NFT price has ranged from under $18, to over $409.
DeRace NFT horses have a similar appearance to real horses but are distinct from them due to their special qualities. Performance, price, and rarity are used to determine how valuable these DeRace NFTs are. NFT horses have distinctive skills and characteristics, but they also have a variety of distinguishable traits, including their gender, race, and breed.
Pros and cons of DeRace
- Very friendly to beginners and low barrier to entry.
- One of the largest play-to-earn gaming communities in crypto.
- Value of NFTs determined by rarity, skills, and many other traits.
- Earnings heavily depend on horse quality.
- Significant upfront investment may be required to be highly competitive.
- No free-to-play mode.
Best for: High earning potential
What is REVV Racing?
REVV Racing is a play-to-earn arcade racer game created on the Polygon Network. The company behind The Sandbox and other blockchain and gaming projects, Animoca Brands, will soon launch REVV Racing, one of the notable headlines in its portfolio.
How does REVV Racing work?
Some of the key features of REVV Racing include:
- It’s the first-ever blockchain-based arcade simulation car racing game.
- 3D racing game with first- and third-person perspectives, as well as upcoming additional cameras and angles.
- Real-time control over your vehicle on the track. Having driving skills is a must!
- You can play with your Xbox or PlayStation game controllers or keyboard (wheel support is also coming soon.)
- Game assets are all NFTs, and they belong to the player.
REVV Racing tokens
- Price $0.0063
- Market Cap
A utility token called REVV ($REVV) is used as in-game currency in blockchain games created by Animoca Brands. It keeps the ecosystem of REVV Racing, MotoGP Ignition, and F1 Delta Time thriving. These projects carry out the play-to-earn principle, rewarding players for their contributions to the game economy with financial rewards in the form of cryptocurrencies.
REVV Racing cryptocurrency and price
You need a Revv Racing car NFT in order to play on REVV Racing. You can either enter their contests to win one of the 5000 WTF1 cars they’re giving away, or you can buy a car on your own by setting up a cryptocurrency wallet and buying an NFT car using the REVV token.
REVV Racing NFTs
REVV Racing has its own NFT collection on OpenSea. These race car NFTs have now been delivered to gamers who participated in F1 Delta Time last month. These racing vehicles will soon be playable in-game.
- Regular weekly challenges are coming to the game, which already offers regular tournaments and races for prizes of up to 70,000 REVV tokens.
- High earning potential due to the stable backing of one of the biggest investment giants in the crypto space.
- One of the leading investment projects in the crypto space, Animoca Brands, is behind REVV Racing.
- Currently, there’s low liquidity on the main utility token – the REVV token.
- More than 130,000 race car NFTs have already been created, of which rare digital items are few and far between.
- The current REVV Racing floor price of 0.02 ETH denotes a very large supply of vehicles and perhaps a low resale value.
ZooRacers (by ZooKeeper)
Best for: Fans of collectibles
What is ZooKeeper?
Currently accessible on Avalanche and Wanchain, ZooKeeper is a cutting-edge multi-chain dApp that uses ZOONFTs to improve liquidity mining. Players will enjoy a fresh and engaging farming experience thanks to it, which will result in higher mining rewards and fun NFT gameplay.
ZooRacers, one of the ZooKeeper verticals, is a multiplayer, play-and-earn racing game that combines skill and excitement in a difficult multi-chain setting.
How does ZooKeeper work?
ZooKeeper is an innovative multi-chain dApp that uses ZooNFTs to increase liquidity mining, and it’s currently accessible on Avalanche and Wanchain.
ZooKeeper was created in order to fuel the ZooEcosystem with liquidity. You get a fresh and engaging farming experience thanks to it, which enables you to enjoy greater mining rewards and more immersive NFT gameplay in ZooRacers.
One of the most exciting P2E games of 2022, ZooRacers, is going to launch on the ZooEcosystem.
- Price $0.0021
- Market Cap
In addition to a wrapped version (vZOO) used for cross-chain, Zookeeper has its own utility token ($ZOO) that is given out to DEX Liquidity Providers (LPs) as farming rewards.
The decentralized cross-chain token vZOO will be used by ZooRacers, and ZooKeeper will also pay for all game transaction fees on new wallets made for the game (exclusively for Wanchain players).
ZooKeeper cryptocurrency and price
The ZooRacers game is yet to be released. With that being said, it has already amassed a loyal following of players that can’t wait to get their hands on it due to the massive interest in the ZooKeeper ecosystem. The current price of a ZooKeeper token is about two cents, with more than 77 percent of tokens reserved for farming.
In the ZooKeeper dApp, there are various ways to win, buy, or earn ZooBooster (ZooKeeper NFT) cards. Each user will be able to decrease the locktime and increase rewards thanks to ZooBoosters’ special abilities, which are currently unmatched in the cryptocurrency market.
Pros and cons of ZooRacers
- Backed by a loyal community and a robust ecosystem.
- High potential for earnings as the game is still new.
- Even higher potential for earnings throughout the ZooKeeper ecosystem via liquidity mining and other dApp functionalities.
- Still unreleased, and gameplay mechanics are unclear.
- By being a game attached to a native dApp, there is speculation that ZooRacers might become more of a gamified DeFi protocol than an actual immersive gameplay experience.
Best for: Fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping gameplay
What is Nitro League?
Nitro League is a decentralized play-to-earn game that combines fast-paced racing gameplay, token economies, and the metaverse experience. Players group together in a nation-based clan system. Clan membership is required for players to race in the Nitro League.
How does Nitro League work?
In Nitro League, the clan awards players a badge (rank system) based on their Reputation Points (RP). Players can change nations or clans at any time, but doing so has drawbacks (such as losing locations and attribute bonuses that are unique to a certain nation or clan).
Players gain RP from matches when they succeed and lose it when they fail. If a player reaches a certain rank or tier in the crypto game and then stops participating, their account will be demoted to allow more active players to advance.
Nitro League tokens
- Nitro League
- Price $0.0014
- Market Cap
The native token of the Nitro League ecosystem is called $NITRO. It has a total supply of one billion tokens. The goal of the Nitro team is to truly decentralize technology, power, and economic ownership of the Nitro metaverse. Nitro holders can stake their crypto tokens in the ecosystem to take part in important economic decisions.
Nitro League cryptocurrency and price
To start playing Nitro League, a player must purchase the best car and driver NFTs they can. The quality of the NFT will determine their initial performance, with some car NFTs going as low as $99 and some trading for as high as $2,500.
Nitro League NFTs
There are several types of NFTs inside Nitro League.
- Car NFTs: Nitro League provides some of the most opulent, cutting-edge vehicles in the blockchain gaming space. All vehicles are designed for racing and are exchangeable on NFT markets. Any car’s value can be determined by its rarity, which can be classified as Common, Uncommon, Rare, Special, or Legendary.
- Drivers NFT: There are many different drivers available in Nitro League as game items. To win any competition, choosing the right driver is just as crucial as choosing the right vehicle. Players can choose the driver who is most appropriate for each race from among their available drivers (NFTs).
Pros and cons of Nitro League
- Fast-paced racing gameplay with driver, car, and even NFTs that are plots of land.
- Focus on skillful gameplay instead of relying on pay-to-win mechanics.
- Low barrier for entry. Players can start playing and earning $NITRO by purchasing a car NFT for as low as $99.
- The price of game resources heavily depends on growing a large enough community to support player trades and large NFT collections.
- Competing at the highest level may also demand a sizable upfront investment.
Best for: Fans of horse racing games
What is Zed Run?
Zed Run is a blockchain horse racing game where players can buy, breed, and race virtual horses. Horses are split up into different bloodlines, which determines the likelihood of a horse winning a race. You can earn crypto by winning races or breeding and selling prized horses.
How does Zed Run work?
Players start the game by creating a “stable,” or an account, through the Zed Run website and purchasing a starting racehorse through the official Zed Run OpenSea collection or through Hawku. Players must obtain their first horse and complete a few races before they can race for prize money.
Players will need to pay a buy-in fee in order to compete in races with a payout. Majority of the races are comprised of 12 horses, competing against each other. The first six horses to cross the finish line will earn part of the prize money. Those who place higher within these rankings will take home a larger portion of the prize.
The unique characteristics of the horses can help determine the likelihood they’ll win. Characteristics like breed type, genotype, and bloodline are the most important. If your horse is more rare, you may have a higher chance of winning. If you don’t want to race horses, you can earn money by breeding and selling horses to other players.
Zed Run tokens
Zed Run operates on the Polygon blockchain and uses Polygon ETH as its in-game currency. The horses in the game are NFTs and can be bought and sold. Players can breed horses to earn even more NFTs.
Zed Run cryptocurrency and price
Racehorses are available for purchase for as little as 0.005 ETH. Since the Zed Run platform transacts on Polygon, gas fees are minuscule, allowing new players to purchase their first horse for less than $10.
Zed Run NFTs
The main NFTs in this game are the horses. You can breed them and buy them.
Pros and cons of Zed Run
- Frequent races and well-supported by developers.
- Players can make money by breeding as well as racing.
- Prize money is available in prize pools and tournaments.
- Reduced popularity, so prizes are lower.
- More chance-focused vs. strategy.
- Recent changes to the platform have made breeding less profitable.
Best for: Fans of fantasy games
What is Pegaxy?
Pegaxy is an exciting P2E game where players participate in horse racing and face off against 11 other racers for the top three spots. Players may breed, rent, sell, and of course, race their Pega in the game to earn VIS tokens.
How does Pegaxy work?
Pegaxy allows teams to create sizable guilds and scholarship programs and even gives individuals the chance to make extra money through daily racing. Pegaxy is proving to be a smart long-term economic approach for developing an NFT/Blockchain-based game.
- Pegaxy Stone
- Price $0.0046
- Market Cap
Players will compete in races using a PvP model to earn prizes in the platform’s native game currency, VIS (Vigorus.) They must finish in the top three to get the platform’s utility token, VIS, and do it by using tactical upgrades, food, and skills. Then, they can then use the VIS token to either cash out or re-invest it in better upgrades.
Pegaxy cryptocurrency and price
Crossbreeding is another option, in which the baby Pega receives the traits from both parents. The cost of the first breeding event might be approximately $500, while the cost of the seventh is almost $9,000.
In October 2021, 5,000 Founding Pega NFTs were sold, and in November, PGX was launched via IDO. Every Pega NFT after number 5,000 has been “minted” (made) using the game’s breeding process.
Pros and cons of Pegaxy
- Trustless and automated renting system.
- Renters can hire a Pega for a set length of time or use one for “free” through a profit-sharing arrangement.
- Opportunities for guilds and scholars to share in-game digital assets.
- No free-to-play mode.
- Breeding and upgrading might be unaffordable to some players.
- Unlimited token supply that depends on the balance of breeding and earning.
add remove Which racing play-to-earn game is best?
That would depend on your budget, how much you want to earn, and what games you find fun. At the top of this article, you will find our rankings for the best play-to-earn racing games based on your preferences – whether you love fantasy racing, you prefer realistic racing games, or you’re interested in games with high earning potential.
add remove Are these racing play-to-earn games free to play?
Some are completely free to play, while others will require you to purchase a car NFT (or another form of NFT) in order to participate in the in-game economy.
add remove Which of these games is the most popular?
DeRace is by far the most famous racing play-to-earn game in the world right now. With the release of REVV Racing, this might change in the upcoming year.
You Might Also Like:
Pegaxy rises from the ashes like some sort of Phoenix-horse-thing, bringing us the first playable, open alpha for their revamped mechanical Pegasus racing game! No longer stuck on the sidelines, now players must manually guide their horse through the race, pitting their skills directly against other players! Pegaxy began as a simple, passive, winged horse […]Read More
Myria Studios gears up for their upcoming closed demo of Metarush, a Fall Guys style, competitive, wacky, racing game. With various power-ups that players can pick up during races, Metarush also brings some Mario Kart vibes to their obstacle filled racecourses! Metarush is the first game developed by Myria Studios. They already held a first […]Read More
The time has come for owners of Chicken Derby Chicken NFTs to put their unwanted Chickens into the Fusion machine! Combine two Chickens to create a new one, perhaps even one with a rare Mutation that gives it an advantage in certain races! Not to be confused with Chicken Breeding (which is not yet available), […]Read More
The so-awaited moment finally arrives and Pegaxy transitions to player-controlled gameplay. Soon, players will be able to manually control their Pegas on the race track. This means that skill will become an important factor to achieve victory in every race. The days of just watching Pegas race will be over. While the team focuses on […]Read More