You can now enjoy this Pokémon-like, free-to-play, MMORPG on your mobile device. All players with access to the closed beta can download it and play Chainmonsters on iOS and Android.
Chainmonsters closed beta will last until the end of 2022, with new versions of the game being distributed on a regular basis. After the release, the company assured that all of your progress, items, and progress will stay in your account.
In order to play Chainmonsters on your platfom of choice, follow these links:
- iOS device – TestFlight, beta on the App Store
- Android device – Google Play
- PC/Mac – Itch.io (new version)
How to Get Access to the Closed Beta
The Closed Beta was first released in December 2021, and players were able to participate with little to no effort. However, beta access is now no longer available through Adventure or Bundles. The Genesis Pre-sale is also no longer available and won’t get you in the game.
In order to play the Closed Beta, you will need a free account and a key. You can get the key from:
- Giveaways: the team frequently hosts giveaways on Playrr and give out 1000 keys for each round;
- Join the Chainmonsters Discord Community and follow the official Twitter account where keys are often given away to active members.
- The Marketplace: players no longer interested in playing the beta are selling their keys on the Marketplace. You can buy one for around $25-30;
- Alpha Keys: if you had access to the Alpha, good news, you automatically have access to the beta as well! Alpha access keys are also sold in the marketplace and will give you access to the Closed Beta. However, items and collectibles from the Alpha won’t be available to those who buy the key now to access the Closed Beta.
What is Chainmonsters?
Chainmonsters is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game inspired by classic games like The Legend of Zelda and Pokémon. It uses the Flow blockchain and currently runs on Windows and MacOS. Players compete against each other. Every player is an agent working for a corporation. There’s a mysterious disease that makes all creatures more aggressive, and there’s a weird crystal in the world. Guess who needs to find out? But can players trust the corporation? Who knows.
Chainmonsters began as a top-down 2D MMORPG, but has since grown into a full-fledged, 3D online role playing game that can potentially compete with Pokémon. Each Chainmon has base stats, and players upgrade them using gemstones, flowers, materials and Chip Dollars. Players complete daily quests to earn points towards a Season Pass.
Players will need to acquire all kinds of little monsters. Some of them are only be found in certain regions, others only for a limited time. These monsters come from different elements, nine in total. These are generally home to a certain island or region: pyro, hydro, nature, electro, air, cryo, geo, and crystal.
Each of those mons has several basic attributes: health points (HP), attack, defense, elemental attack, elemental defense, speed, and stamina points (SP). In addition, each mon has individual values for each stats, which means that mons can have different stats even though they look the same.