Ever wanted to try your hand at playing Axie Homeland but don’t own an Axie land plot? Well then your time has come as Axie Homeland introduces Land Delegation! Land delegation allows land owners to designate others to run and manage their land, while still receiving any rewards from the leaderboard rankings.
Land delegation, a pseudo-scholarship program, makes its way to Axie Homeland. Axie land delegation lets land owners without the time or energy to manage their land plots, make a deal with players who don’t own any land, but are interested in land management. These secondary players are called Stewards in the Axie universe.
The delegation process is manual at the moment. Land owners must select their plot and input the address of the player they wish to delegate to. There is no official rental market. All rewards earned by placing on the leaderboards are automatically sent to the land owner’s Ronin wallet. It is up to the Steward and the property owner to work out any payment details. Owners can set delegation periods from 1 to 365 days. Land owners can also choose to revoke land access to a Steward, 24 hours after their initial delegation.
While it’s unfortunate that the new land delegation feature isn’t fully integrated into the game, allowing for blockchain-enforced contracts between two players, this is at least a step in the right direction. And while we still wait for the land-based gameplay that doesn’t require access to a land plot, land delegation works as an excellent tool both for landowners, and those who are just interested in playing Axie Homeland.
What is Axie Homeland?
Axie Homeland is a game about building and growing on your land plot while putting your Axies to work. The main goal of Homeland is to manage a settlement as efficiently as possible in order to equip adventurers with gear and supplies to defeat waves of monsters. The more successful these adventurers are, the more rewards the landowner receives. Players need to grow crops and construct buildings, assigning Axies to take care of the work.
Right now, Axie Homeland offers the following features:
- Gather – gather raw materials from the surrounding environment
- Craft – craft powerful gear and supplies for your adventurers
- Trade – trade with native adventurers and other landowners for in-game currency
- Decorate – beautify your land plot
- Build – build the necessary infrastructure to craft gear and process raw materials
- Passive Adventure – equip and send your adventurers to battle
- Compete – strive to be one of the top players on the leaderboards
- Explore – explore the world of Lunacia as landowners turn their empty land plots into massive settlements
At some point in the future, Homeland will tie back into Axie Origins, with both games supporting each other in different ways.