IMPORTANT UPDATE 12.9.2021 – CryptoMines Will Close in Response to FUD, Proposes Launch of Reworked Game
CryptoMines recently disclosed their 2022 roadmap that contains new information on the specific updates and features that will be deployed next year. The roadmap announcement does not disclose any specific dates or even quarters, but it does grant insights into the direction the project is moving.
The BSC-based space exploration metaverse CryptoMines aims to expand its current offering with new features, changes to existing features, and behind-the-scenes updates that will impact the way players are able to earn ETERNAL.
CryptoMines’ updated 2022 roadmap announcement is available on Medium and contains more in-depth information about each of the features we’ll be going over below. Additionally, make sure to watch the official CryptoMines Twitter account to see any specific dates as they’re announced.
What Can We Expect in 2022?
CryptoMines is going to be hard at work throughout 2022. The new milestones discussed in their roadmap are:
Three new planets will be “discovered” that are located in a different galaxy, creating an entirely new ruleset from planets 1-30 that are currently available. These planets will introduce licensing, which is related to upcoming land rewards. Additionally, the success percentage will vary, faction alignment will grant benefits, and fuel costs will be variable.
Multiple changes will be made to how the game is monetized from a business perspective. The game needs to make money somehow that doesn’t depend on endless NFT sales or locked tokens. As such, CryptoMines will introduce a $0.40 USD fee (charged in BNB) for every in-game transaction. Planets 1-5 will add a $0.40 USD reward to help offset this new fee. Planet 21 and beyond will have a scaling fee that begins at $1.00 USD (also in BNB).
Mass Mints and Improved Liquidity
Both spacecraft and workers will soon have a “mass mint” option to allow players to quickly mint new NFTs. Additionally, the price for all minting will change from $15 in ETERNAL to $5 in BNB.
Every mint will add $10 to the BNB-ETERNAL pool, helping create ongoing liquidity for the project.
Space Stations (Land)
What kind of metaverse would CryptoMines be without a land system? Since the game takes place in space, players will have the opportunity to own space stations to help benefit from the volume of players in the game. There are a few notable things to know about space stations:
- Space stations will come in three rarities: Common, Rare, and Legendary. The higher the rarity, the greater the earning potential. Players will need to be whitelisted to purchase a space station. The only known requirement at this point is that players will need at least one fleet within the game, along with additional requirements that will be published in the future.
- Money from licenses will be distributed to space station owners: Licensing is required for players to access planets, with a new tier-based license system making more advanced licenses required at later planets. Money collected from the licensing system will be distributed to all space station owners, with higher rarity space stations getting a higher percentage of the pot.
- Rewards for advanced explorations: Any exploration from planet 11 onwards will pay space station owners 5% of all successful expeditions.
No further information is available about when space stations will be sold or additional whitelisting requirements. We do know that a new marketplace will be created to facilitate space station sales in an auction format.
Raid Box Updates
Raids are regularly occurring events that presently take place every weekend and give players an opportunity to earn additional rewards. Loot from these raid boxes comes in the form of utilities that can also be sold on the in-game marketplace. Some possible rewards are:
- Name change
- Faction change
- Remove a worker or ship from the fleet
- 1-3 days of fuel
- An additional worker position in the fleet
New boxes will be made available that contain similar upgrades as Raid boxes but can be directly purchased at a set BNB cost per box. It’s unknown if these boxes will always be available or only available at specific timeframes. All funds raised from sales of ETERNAL boxes will be used to add liquidity.
Other Additional Features
The team also plans to launch a few less-notable but still important features throughout the year. These features include:
- An internal P2P exchange to reduce scams
- The ability to change the price of a marketplace listing
- Mass mining for those with a large amount of fleets, but the feature will take 10% of your rewards to use
- A DEX within the CryptoMines ecosystem to allow players to more easily move assets in and out of the metaverse, along with creating new opportunities for liquidity pools that the project has more control over
- PvP will be delayed until Q2 2022 to allow the team more time to implement their specific vision, rather than working under current restrictions
What is CryptoMines?
CryptoMines is a BSC-based space exploration game focused on mining ETERNAL, the game’s token, from a tier of increasingly profitable planets. Players use ship and worker NFTs to create fleets that go on exploration missions to mine these planets. More advanced planets can be reached by creating fleets with higher Mining Power (MP).
Currently, the gameplay is focused on building fleets, increasing mining power, and extracting ETERNAL from planets. Weekly raids also present an additional way for players to earn ETERNAL and additional rewards. Players are able to mine once every 24 hours, which is dependent on the last time they mined (previous versions reset everyone’s clock at 0:00 UTC).
The project is playable in its current state with plenty of new updates coming. You can learn more about the project by reading the CryptoMines whitepaper.