Aave is the Finnish word for ghost. An Aavegotchi is a cute little pixelated ghost that has several traits. First of all, there’s financial collateral backing the existence of the little ghost. In addition these ghosts have random traits, they can wear clothes and others items, and they come with a certain rarity level. These are the foundation for its powers and its value. However, that’s not where development will end. It’s just the beginning.
Aavegotchi will become a full gaming experience around these DeFi ghosts. This is particularly interesting, because it’s literally the gamification of decentralized finance. Blockchain games are more than mere games as they embrace complete financial ecosystems.
The Gotchi Bridge is a friendly user interface that allows users to transfer GHST and USDC from Ethereum to Matic. The Gotchi Bridge started with one-way traffic, but the developers will allow movement between Matic and Ethereum. Users can stake their GHST on Matic to earn FRENS points, while there’s also an option to be a liquidity provider for the GHST/USDC pair on exchange platform QuickSwap.
Aavegotchi prepares to launch The Forge, a system that lets players break down wearable items into components, and then use those components to craft new wearables! The Aavegothchi crafting system is set to go online on February 22nd, 2023. Known as The Forge, this crafting system has two components, smelting and forging. Smelting allows players […]
The Tamagotchi-inspired play-to-earn game, Aavegotchi, released its first alpha and a lending platform where players can rent out their NFTs for others to use and profit with. They first announced it in November 2021. The model is similar to what existing scholarships offer but follows a completely trustless and automatic procedure. There are no guilds […]
WorldWideWeb3 will allow players to become their Aavegotchi NFTs starting December 11th. The 2D metaverse already has integrations with other projects, such as CyberKongz and CryptoPunks, in addition to WorldWideWeb3 NFT projects. Once live, Aavegotchi NFT holders will be able to become their Gotchis in-game. The Aavegotchi integration marks the first cross-chain integration for the […]
Aavegotchi has introduced Gotchi Lending, a new way to generate passive income by lending NFTs to other players. The Aavegotchi Lending system functions completely on-chain, and allows players to rely completely on blockchain technology without the need of human efforts. The Aavegotchi lending system, also dubbed the on-chain Uber of the Gotchiverse, gives players borrowing […]
Aavegotchi will conduct its second Gotchiverse Land Sale on December 2nd at 15:00 UTC and it will run through December 5th. Exactly 7,000 parcels of land will be auctioned using a unique bid-to-earn platform, with 3,000 parcels remaining to be awarded in a raffle. Additionally, participants will earn GHST for bidding, even if they don’t […]
Pixelcraft Studios will launch the very first land sale for Aavegotchi and the Gotchiverse on October 28th, and the sales event will end three days later. A total of 16.000 land parcels will go up for sale, using the GHST token on the Polygon blockchain. It will be the first sales event for virtual land […]
The developers of Aavegotchi have announced the Aavegotchi Graants, a series of ecosystem grants to have developers make games using the pixelated ghosts. The grants range from 500 up to 5000 DAI, and are sponsored by Polygon Studios, Ivan on Tech and Moralis Web. Aavegotchi itself was born as an idea, funded by the AaveAave […]
Looking at their roadmap for the rest of the year, Aavegotchi revealed that their first land sale will take place in October. They will sell parcels in the Gotchiverse Realm one month later than originally planned, because their content schedule already offers lots of events. When Aavegotchi sells their first land parcels, they will do […]
Aavegotchi has announced the official date of Haunt 2, coming to you on August 26th, 2PM UTC through August 29th, 2PM UTC. Players and collectors will participate in a bid-to-earn auction. The developers believe this is a “fairer, more fun and even profitable” way for participants to attempt to buy a Gotchi. The Aavegotchi community […]
The Aavegotchi community has voted to approve Haunt 2, which will release 15,000 more Gotchis into the ecosystem. While 20% of these new Gotchis will become giveaway rewards, the remaining 80% go on sale through a bid-to-earn auction. Additionally, the Haunt 2 proposition adds new collateral types, leaderboards, and rarity farming. All this will happen […]