The Mines of Dalarnia keeps working and recently published a new gameplay video showing in-game items, monsters, and adventures into different plots.
The team recently published a blog post in which they state that despite an unsure marker, they keep building and developing the version 2.0 of their game. The roadmap is still on track and we should see the release of version 2.0 at the end of the first quarter. This version will use $DAR tokens and will first be released on the Binance Smart Chain before migrating to the Chormia mainnet at a later stage.
Mines of Dalarnia 2.0 Gameplay Preview
The gameplay video showcases the version 2.0 of the game with updated graphics and game mechanics. In this preview we can see the main components of the game:
- The “Navigator”, where the action happens;
- Landplay, where you can explore all plots of lands, the resources available in each, and take a look at the dig cost. Each plot is unique and can be owned and rented by players;
- Equipment phase, where players can choose their pickaxe, upgrade existing tools, or monitor their character’s health parameters to make sure they can survive in the plot;
- The actual gameplay, where the 2d action games showcases all main mechanics. In the video, you can see the player breaking minerals, collecting items, fighting monsters and jumping in and out of levels (plots, in the game);
- Win screen, which corresponds to the loot box for the conquered plot.
How to Play Mines of Dalarnia
Mines of Dalarnia employs a freemium model, similar to the one in place with Splinterlands. Starting a new adventure in the Mines is free, but you will only be able to upgrade items up to level three and join in plots of the Free zone. You won’t be able to gather certain material, and you won’t be able to explore the full map of the game. In order to fully enjoy the in-game experience, you will need to purchase a $20 Mining passport.
If you’re interested can already play the alpha version on the Chromia testnet.
What is Mines of Dalarnia
Mines of Dalarnia is a mining, platforming, PvE game developed by Workinman Studio and Chromia Studios. Running on the Chromia blockchain, Mines of Dalarnia is free-to-play and browser-based. Racing against time, players mine exotic materials in hostile environments, then use the materials to upgrade their equipment and abilities.
Players own land plots in-game, and rent them out for miners. Plots come in four different terrain types: terrestrial, lava, ice, and darkness. Owners may also upgrade their lands to provide more resources. Upgrading requires resources from the miners, creating an in-game economy around keeping the plots maintained.
With most mining adventures lasting less than 5 minutes, Mines of Dalarnia is very casual friendly. The game is currently in its alpha phase, open to all, and running on the Chromia testnet.