Blockchain Gaming

Aavegotchi Announced Date to Buy New Gotchis

aavegotchi haunt 2 date announced

Aavegotchi has announced the official date of Haunt 2, coming to you on August 26th, 2PM UTC through August 29th, 2PM UTC. Players and collectors will participate in a bid-to-earn auction. The developers believe this is a “fairer, more fun and even profitable” way for participants to attempt to buy a Gotchi.

The Aavegotchi community approved Haunt 2 last month, and now we know the exact date it will begin: August 26th at 2PM UTC. Anyone who wants to participate needs to have a stash of GHST tokens on the Polygon Network. The auction will take place at 

A total of 80% of the new supply for the Haunt 2 will be auctioned off, while the remaining 20% will be distributed via Drop Ticket Raffle. The Haunt 2 auction will see the release of 12,000 new portals, which are used to summon new Gotchis. On top of that, there will be a minimum of 36 dazzling wearables. They won’t sell any potions during the Haunt 2, unlike the previous event.

You can see these Gotchis as crypto token filled wallets. The developers have announced three new “spirit forces” as part of Haunt 2: amWBTC, amWETH, and amMATIC. This brings the total up to seven total spirit forces, but the remaining four spirit forces will be exclusive to Haunt 1 Gotchis.

Check out the complete Medium post for more details about the sale.

What is Aavegotchi?

Aave is the Finnish word for ghost. An Aavegotchi is a cute little pixelated ghost that has several traits. First of all, there’s financial collateral backing the existence of the little ghost. In addition, these ghosts have random traits, they can wear clothes and others items, and they come with a certain rarity level. You could see an Aavegotchi ghost as a modern piggy bank that generates interest while wearing cool pixelated items. The money backing the ghost will always be there. And adding rare NFT wearables increases its performance and therefore makes it more valuable.

With GHST Aavegotchi has a newly announced eco-governance token. Users can acquire GHST through Uniswap and other exchanges, or the Aavegotchi platform. You buy GHST using DAI, and you need some Aave aTokens, like aDAI for example. Then you need to spend GHST to get a portal, which will give you a cute little Aavegotchi. Owners can use this little ghost in games, sell them for a profit or burn them to regain the money backing its existence.

Jazelle is a crypto enthusiast, gamer, and writer. She spends her days exploring the latest play-to-earn games while writing for publications and businesses scattered around the Internet.