|colonize mars||MARTIA token||NFTs||pack sale||Wax blockchain|
Colonize Mars announced details about their second pack sale and upcoming changes to the blending and upgrade system. Both will be released in early July. Colonize Mars is a collectible card staking and building game on the WAX blockchain.
Colonize Mars received some criticism after their first sale when they sold over 47,000 crates in an open free-for-all. But in the long-term, that criticism does not seem to have reduced interest in the game as they prepare for their Mission Two Supply Crate sale!
This time around, the developers will make a limited number of packs available for sale. And they’ve added a pre-sale whitelist to give those holding Colonize Mars NFTs first chance at picking up crates. Existing Colonize Mars NFT holders (as of the snapshot, which was taken on June 26th, 4pm UTC), have been added to up to two whitelists, one for the Ultimate Supply Crate, the second for a Standard Supply Crate.
Whitelist tickets have already been distributed and cannot be transferred. The developers didn’t reveal the requirements beforehand. The ultimate crate whitelist requirement was owning at least 1 Legendary (Dark Matter) Mission One card while the standard crate whitelist required at least 1 Common (Standard) Mission One card.
Each whitelist gets a chance to purchase one of the related Supply Crates before the open sale begins. The Ultimate Whitelist pre-sale will be on July 7th, between 4pm – 5pm UTC. The Standard Whitelist pre-sale will occur on July 7th, 5pm – 6pm UTC. The developers will add any unsold crates from the pre-sales to the open sales, which begin immediately afterwards.
Ownership cards are the rarest find. Each is one-of-a-kind, and provides the holders with major in-game benefits. For this sale, players can’t craft these cards. Instead they need to find these ownership cards in the different supply crates.
Dark Matter Supply Crates
Anyone holding a Sketch level card from the Mission One set at the snapshot on June 30th, 4pm UTC (note: the card must be in your wallet and not on auction), will get a special Dark Matter Mission Two crate. Holders of the Sketch cards will receive an exclusive patch which they can use for Dark Matter crate distribution and possibly other rewards. Crafting new Sketch cards won’t be available until the release of the new crafting system, but you can still pick some up on the secondary markets.
New Upgrade System
Pack opening and upgrading opens on July 9th, 4pm UTC. You will need several cards of the same type and rarity to attempt an upgrade. The new upgrade system allows for chances of Failures and Critical Successes. A Failure results in a loss of one of the cards and has a 20% chance of occurrence. A normal Success, where the four cards merge into one of higher rarity, will happen 79% of the time. And with the remaining 1% comes a chance for a Critical success, which yields two upgraded cards!
What is Colonize Mars
Colonize Mars is a strategic colony simulation game currently in development on the Wax blockchain. Players use their NFTs to aid in colony development and eventually create land expansions and build player-owned hubs. The developers expect to launch basic gameplay late Q3 2021. Players stake cards and maintain them at regular intervals to receive Martia tokens as rewards in the first Phase. Later phases will include expansion, expeditions, and discovery.