|NFT marketplace||NFTs||SAND token||The Sandbox|
The Sandbox will launch a beta version of its NFT marketplace next week on Tuesday, March 30th. The marketplace allows creators to monetize their creations. This first phase of the marketplace gives a select number of artists access to the platform, and it will open up to more artists down the road.
All artists that produce content for the NFT marketplace, are supported through the Creator Fund. In total we’re talking about 46 artists who have created 107 different NFTs that will go for sale. From those sales 95% will go to the artist, while the remaining 5% will be used for the Creator Fund, to finance and stimulate more game creators and artists. They can decide on the pricing themselves. However, all listings will use the SAND token.
For The Sandbox the launch of the marketplace is a first step towards the full launch of their product. When the marketplace is live, we can expect Season 0 of The Sandbox. They’ve labeled this play-to-earn season as the Explorer Season. In next updates for the marketplace, The Sandbox will add the ability to view NFTs based on themed collections. In the future the NFT marketplace will also sell playable avatars, blocks and complete games.
Different types of NFTs
The Sandbox Marketplace will offer four different types of NFTs. Each of them has a different purpose in the game world.
- Entity – NPC characters that bring life to the game experience: healers, fighters, animals, predators etc.
- Equipment – Assets available from the inventory that are needed to complete a game experience.
- Wearable – Four different body parts that determine the style and looks of the player character: Head, torso, legs and feet.
- Art – Mainly used for visual aspects: statues, landmarks, buildings, voxelized paintings etc.
What is The Sandbox?
The Sandbox is one of the blockchain-powered virtual worlds currently in development. The virtual world of The Sandbox consists out of lands, and voxels fill up each of those lands. Visually it will remind many gamers of Minecraft, as both games have this Lego-inspired look to them. However, players are able to buy virtual land and implement any form of monetization. These virtual lands can become mini-games, adventures, virtual shops, extensions of actual webshops, a space for social gatherings, and so on.
The Sandbox is providing free tools for developers, gamers and content creators. Creators can use VoxEdit to make objects. In addition the Game Maker allows users to create interactivity on their virtual land. The Sandbox will also create a meta gaming experience. Players can for example do daily quests or weekly quests for their guild. This will earn players SAND, which they can sell or use to buy in-game items or virtual land.
Over the past twelve months The Sandbox has been setting up all kinds of partnerships. Think about Care Bears, The Smurfs and Atari. In addition they’ve created a game fund to stimulate developers to create unique games within The Sandbox. Hack The Tao, Mushroom Mania, Planet Rift and Dethrone are some of these indie games.
Gratz! You’ve earned some PLAY tokens!
PLAY is a token that community members can earn by contributing, sharing knowledge and learning about blockchain games. Right now you’ve read an article on Play to Earn Online Magazine, and you’ve learned a bit more about blockchain gaming. Therefore you will receive a reward. Claim this reward and create a Roll wallet, and join our community on Discord! — note: there’s a limit amount of PLAY drops available in each post. First come, first serve.
Robert Hoogendoorn is a gamer and blockchain enthusiast. He got in touch with crypto in 2014, but the fire really lit in 2017. Professionally he’s a content optimization expert and worked for press agencies and video production companies, always with a focus on the video games & tech industry. He’s a content manager and creator at heart, working on Play to Earn and for a variety of third party magazines and websites.