Strategy Games

Big Land Sales Ahead of Axie Infinity Governance Token

axie infinity shards governance token artwork

Over the past 24 hours there have been some major sales of virtual land for Axie Infinity, as the market is preparing for the announcement of the official governance token. Six genesis lands at the heart of the virtual world of Lunacia sold for 415 ETH or 165 thousand dollars, while twenty of the least rare savannah lands sold for 10 ETH or 4 thousand dollars.

There’s currently lots of activity happening around virtual land for Axie Infinity, which has everything to do with the upcoming governance token. Next Monday Sky Mavis will do a live stream during which they will reveal Axie Infinity Shards.

Axie Infinity has sold 25 percent of their total land supply. It’s unknown when the remaining 75 percent will go on sale. However, prices for these new lands will be at least ten percent higher than the prices from the original land sale. These land sales will happen after land-based gameplay has launched.

The land sale happened early in 2019. The cheapest land was the savannah, for 0.05 ETH. This land sold today for 0.5 ETH or 200 dollars a piece. A Mystic crate sold for 1 ETH and gave a chance for a piece of genesis land. Six of these genesis land now sold for 415 ETH, which obviously is an amazing return of investment.

Interested in learning more about Axie Infinity? Please join us for the Play to Earn Game Festival starting from November 2nd.

What is Axie Infinity?

Axie Infinity is a tactical battle game in which two players fight each other using a team of cute creatures called Axies. These little weird balls of joy live in a world called Lunacia, and they come in all kinds of shapes in sizes. Their characteristics influence which moves they are capable of performing. They can be damage dealers, healers, or bad ass tanks.

Axies are deadly cute, that is an undeniable truth. But Axies are not only just cute, their appearance are almost unique. It is difficult to find two look-alike Axies since their body parts have various forms and shapes. There are more than 500 Axie’s body parts. Axies’ body and parts are classified into classes including Beast, Plant, Bug, Bird, Reptile and Aquatic, and more in future release. Moreover, the parts also come with four levels of rarity, which are Common, Rare, Ultra Rare, Legendary.

It is the battle system that makes Axie Infinity stand out. Axies will take turn to fight in a 3v3 battle. The Axies fight for their own will, but to win the victory, players need to a real strategist, from wisely choosing appropriate Axies for their team to placing them at the tactical positions.

Robert Hoogendoorn avatar
Robert Hoogendoorn is a gamer and blockchain enthusiast. He got in touch with crypto in 2014, but the fire really lit in 2017. Professionally he's a content optimization expert and worked for press agencies and video production companies, always with a focus on the video games & tech industry. He's a content manager and creator at heart, started the Play to Earn Online Magazine in early 2020.